Got a Parker question? Well maybe i can help... maybe
i can not...
but try me!
PLEASE BE ADVISED THAT AT ANY GIVEN TIME I HAVE ABOUT 50
E-MAILS PENDING ANSWERS. IF IT'S AN EASY QUESTION, YOU MIGHT GET AN ANSWER QUICK. HARDER QUESTIONS MIGHT TAKE A WHILE.
Please read this FAQ before emailing me:
• DO YOU SELL PARTS OR TOOLS? Sorry no. I only have for my own collection.
• CAN YOU RETIP MY NIB? Sorry no. I don't have that knowledge or equipment.
• CAN YOU HELP ME FIND A PARKER DEALER? Sorry no, I live in Sweden. But please check out the ads on the site.
• CAN YOU HELP ME FIND A REFILL TO MY PEN/PENCIL? Sorry no, but there are several good places on the web.
• CAN YOU HELP ME FIND A REFILL FOR MY LIQUID LEAD, TIP WIC OR FELT TIP? Sorry no. These refills are no longer in production.
• CAN YO HELP ME IDENTIFY MY PEN? Yes, I'll do my best. I will need a photo, and I ask that you first check out my Pen identification help page.
• I HAVE A PEN, BUT IT'S NOT A PARKER, CAN YOU TELL ME WHAT IT IS? No.
• CAN YOU HELP ME EVALUATE MY PEN? Yes I can offer ballpark values of most pens.
• CAN YOU HELP ME DATE MY PEN? I can try. I will need a photo, and I ask that you first check out my Date code guide.
• DO YOU WANT TO BUY MY PEN? Yes, if the price is right. I also sell pens on my site for a 10% commission.
• WHICH INK SHOULD I USE IN MY FOUNTAIN PEN? Any ink except India black, which has too much sediment. And if you use vintage ink, take care not to use ink with mould in it.
• THERE'S ALWAYS INK LEAKING INTO MY CAP, WHAT CAN I DO? Always replace your cap with the nib pointing upwards, then the air will push the ink further in the pen.
• I LIKE WRITING WITH FINE NIBS, BUT THEY'RE ALWAYS A BIT SCRATCHY. A fine nib will always be more scratchy than a broad. But you can try using better paper.
• I'M AFRAID TO USE MY FOUNTAIN PEN ON AN AIRPLANE. Always keep the pen full or empty. Air can expand, but not liquids.
• HOW SHOULD I STORE MY PENS IF I DON'T USE THEM FOR A WHILE? Again, full or empty. It's the air that reacts with the acid in the ink and starts oxidation.
• I'M HAVING TROUBLE LENDING MY EXPENSIVE PEN, BUT I DON'T WANT TO SEEM RUDE. Always have a cheap Bic with you for lending.
• WHAT SHALL I DO IF THEY WANT TO TRY MY FOUNTAIN PEN? Hold on to the cap, then they won't walk away with it.
• HOW SHOULD I CLEAN MY PEN? Rinse your pen once a month by filling it with luke warm water until no more residue escapes. If that won't help, you'll need to have the pen dismatled and thuroughly cleaned.
• HOW CAN I HELP THIS SITE STAY ONLINE? Please make a donation through Paypal. You will find links on the front page.
Thank you for your patience.
Here's the e-mail form. If you need to send an image, I'll answer your e-mail with a "real" e-mail address.
Please be advised that I am not affiliated with the
Parker pen company, save in spirit. This is a site by a Parker pen collector for Parker pen collectors.
To contact Parker, you might try the official site: